There are many advantages to using WordPress.
- WordPress is FREE to download, use and modify. You don’t need to worry about licensing or renewals.
- WordPress is the worlds most popular CMS (Content Management System)
- When you create a new article on WordPress you have a WYSIWYG editor which is similar to creating a document in Microsoft Word
- WordPress can be themed in many different styles without moving around content, most styles are free to download and use
- Categories, Tags and link structure is automatically created in WordPress. All you have to do is post content and the website is built automatically around it
- Each post you create is automatically ‘Pinged’ out to Google and other sites, Google indexes them within 5 seconds on its search engine!
- There are more WordPress developers than any other platform meaning that the system is well known and prices are competitive
- There is a large community of WordPress enthusiasts which update the software platform and can solve many challenges
So as you can see WordPress is massively popular, it is also recommended by Google’s very own front man Matt Cutts in his 2009 conference.
Give Wix, GoDaddy website builder or other platforms a flick! Get started by building a website on WordPress.